Tuesday, February 25, 2014

~~I Swore to Let You Go~~

I made a mistake by falling in love.
I've always done things
I can't change.
I can't hide this time.

There's no goodbyes
That can be spoken--
No second choice
That can be made.

Would you listen
If I tried to explain?
Would you be mad at me
If I apologized too much?

I can't even breathe today.
Nothing feels right.
I'll pick up the pieces
Of myself.

But for now....
Let me fall apart.
Let me fall asleep.
Let me love you.

I swore to let you go.
I swore to turn away.
I swore to swear off love.
I swore to try harder.

At the same time, I said I'd never go.
I said I'd always stay.
I made millions of little promises.
I said countless things.

Little promises and pledges.
Little moments and goodbyes.
Little instants, little seconds....
Little trembling farewells.

2 comments:

  1. PROMISES MEAN NOTHING IF PEOPLE DON'T LET YOU KEEP THEM!
    I don't know you, and I probably never will, but none of this is your fault!

    I guarantee it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can move on from this. Goodbyes always hurt, as do lies....

      Delete

I love you, random stranger. Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping a line. --Half Mad Writer