Thursday, February 27, 2014

~~Stabilizing~~

I'm working on hitting the limit.
I'm working on finding the edge.
I'm working on evaluating
All the things I shouldn't be making.

All the little mistakes.
All the little bad ideas.
All the little failures
That I seem to love making.

I'm so totally drained.
I'm so totally lost.
I'm losing it all
At the sound of your voice.

Won't you just tell me
It will be alright?
Won't you just lie to me
And say I'll be just fine?

I'm not going to tell you I'll be fine.
I'm not going to say what I don't believe.
I'm trying to stabilize.
I'm trying to be alive.

A little bit of fear
Is trickling through my veins.
If you knew I was a failure,
Would you laugh at what remains?

What remains of me?
What remains of my heart?
What was damaged?
What was stolen?

Nothing was hurt.
Nothing was taken.
I'm completely fine...
I'm stabilizing.

I'm edging towards the cliff.
I'm wondering if I can fly.
I'm waiting patiently as you hit the switch
Wondering if I can burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you, random stranger. Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping a line. --Half Mad Writer