Wednesday, February 26, 2014

~~Depressed? Blame People~~

I'm tired of hearing about it.
Am I a bad friend for wanting you to shut up?
No, I don't think I am.
I really don't think I am.
You complain continually, and drag ME
Into every little problem you have.
Do you think that isn't true?
Go through our conversations, and realize it is.
It's entirely true--
Change your behavior before you realize I'm sick of you.
Figure out for yourself
That I don't really care.
I don't give a damn, whether you swim or sink.
How could you possibly think
I'd care at all if you slipped away?
I'm depressed, so I'll blame it on you.
I'm mad, so you'll blame it on me.
I'm happy, so you'll blame it on therapy--
God knows at least one of us is wrong.
I'm so tired of listening to you.
I know you're tired of listening to me.
Let's turn blind eyes and ears
To each other's problems--
It's time we walk away
For good.

2 comments:

  1. Yes!
    This describes my situation so perfectly!
    Whoever this is, tell them right now! I don't care who they are or how much they think they care about you!
    Don't do what I did, don't hesitate! You'll regret it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told them about it, and I'm really glad I could describe the situation in a way you could relate to.

      Delete

I love you, random stranger. Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping a line. --Half Mad Writer