Thursday, February 27, 2014

~~Mask's Fallen Off~~

I've barely managed it.
I've barely managed to ask for help.
I'm taking risks, and seeing
What good comes from admitting I'm weak.

When the sorrow overtakes my face,
And the weakness runs through my veins--
Will anyone know my name?
Will anyone take my place?

I'm losing the fight.
I'm sacrificing the victory
I thought I had....
I thought I had been better.

I'm changing more.
I've removed the mask.
I'm hitting the button
To self-destruct.

I wonder who will watch me fall.
I wonder if anyone
Will hear my call?
I wonder if anyone

Would notice at all?
Would anyone be able to tell
If I gave in to my private hell?
Would the teachers see?

Would my parents see?
Would my friends see?
Would my lovers see?
Would anyone see?

Who would catch me if I fell?
Would anyone save me from hell?
Would anyone protect me
If I said I wasn't well?

My mask's fallen off.
I can't hide anymore.
I'm on territory I can't understand.
I'm walking down a path I can't understand.

I'm losing it all.
I'm losing myself.
I'm trying to maintain control,
But I don't know if you even care at all.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this. I can relate to this poem from time to time. Well written!

    Elsie
    AJ's wHooligan in the A-Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete

I love you, random stranger. Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping a line. --Half Mad Writer