Thursday, March 20, 2014

~~The War is Worth It~~

Bitter recriminations
Beat upon
Empty faces--
Do you see
My
Smile?
I'm smiling now,
Blinded by
The blood you beat
From
Me.
I'm laughing now,
Undone by the
Reality you forced me to
Accept.
You should have
(Could have,
But didn't)
Realized what
You wanted--
You wanted
Me to do
Something I could
Not
Do.
You were wrong
In saying
That the pain
Had a reason.
(There is a reason!
At least,
That is what
Therapists and holy men
Try to make
You believe.)
I can't find
The reason--
I just know
The war is
Worth it.
It's worth the bloodloss,
Worth the fear,
Worth the bitter
Bitter smile.
Worth the sadist's
Laugh.
Worth it.
It is worth the war,
Dear
Lovers.
Fight with me.
There may not
Be a reason--
But is there
A reason
To quit?
I got this far
Because
It HAD to get better.
It can only
Go up,
After all!
No down
When you've
Scraped across rock bottom....
Live because
It is entertaining
Here.
Live because
There is nothing
Else.
This is your life--
So live it.
The war
Is
Worth it.
There may not
Be a reason--
Indeed, there are
Many
Reasons.
Find your reasons.
Find your excuses.
Find your cruelty
And your sadist's laugh.
Find the way through
The bitterness
And
The depression.
I don't care
If you believe
It will get better.
I don't care
If you have
Any hope at all.
Just recognize
The one lesson
I want you to learn:
The war is worth it.
So fight it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you, random stranger. Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping a line. --Half Mad Writer