Thursday, March 20, 2014

~~I Should Have Known~~

I should have
Realized
How far it could
Go.
Should have
Known
How bad
It
Could hurt....
I should have
Known
It could fail.
I should not
Have clutched
At the hope
People said
To believe in....
I should have known,
But I didn't.
My mask
Was torn from me--
No secrets
Left
To keep.
Double standards,
Smiles and laughter--
I'm not
Meant
For happiness.
I should have
Known
It would burn.
I should
Have
Known
You would love me.
How could I have
Understood
The depths to which
I feel
For
You?
How could I have
Even conceived
The notion
That I actually
Did
Love you?
I had no idea,
But now
I am trapped.
Blessedly,
Happily trapped.
My life
Is
Over--
But my life
Has finally begun.
Everything has changed,
But my battle
Is still
Not won.
Is it worth it?
Yes.
It
Is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you, random stranger. Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping a line. --Half Mad Writer