Monday, March 11, 2013

~~The Gaslight: Life and Thoughts Post~~

Hello my loves, my beautiful loves.

Today marks an important moment in the life of this young Plague Rat. I finally have a copy of the Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls...I finally own it. I finally, finally own it....

After so long spent agonizing over buying it....

After so long spent looking at it....

After so long spent daydreaming of owning it, wishing it was here....It finally is here.

It finally is here.

I can barely read it--it's sitting behind me now, on the back of the couch. It's heavy, and longer than my forearm. 266 pages of glossy paper, covered in handwriting, small print, and pictures. Pictures, photographs...

I've never seen a book better designed nor done.

It's unbelievable.

Oh, loves....My mood drifts. How it drifts....

It's so quiet today. I know there are things I should be doing--cleaning my room, smiling, calling Ted--but there's no will in me to move. I feel like I am slipping again...What right have I to slip away so much?

What right have I to fade away so much?

But, yet....

Is it so wrong to long for isolation? A bit of loneliness, time to repair my wounded self? To investigate the slowness of my thoughts, seek the cause of my barely beating heart? Is it so wrong to wish my phone would cease buzzing with texts, and I could just..sleep? Is it so wrong? Is it so wrong to wish I had peace?

I won't bother asking any more questions. Ah my loves....

I think it's high time I fetch either tea or coffee, splash water on my face, slit my wrist...Anything I can do to resurrect my mind from it's dull resting place. No, no, I meant not the last one! I won't do that to myself, dearhearts, fear not! Fear not....

Ah, dear loves! It seems I can scarce manage to figure out what to type next....

I made some friends.

Kyle and I are talking again, John is a true sweetheart, and Danny seems quite interesting. He also seems quite keen on me. Of course, all of them are quite keen on me. I'm awesome. I wonder, how numb does this post sound?

I love how I remarked on numbness right after saying I was awesome.

Says quite a bit about my lovely self, now doesn't it?

Ah, I don't feel like ending this post yet....

I feel like I should probably get something to eat. I had a bit of pretzel sticks a while ago, and a plate of fruit and dip courtesy of my amazing mum, but I'm still a bit hungry. Ah....Why am I so out of it?

I hate this feeling.

I can't bring myself to do anything but type....

My loves....

I'm gonna end this post now. Get more Coke Zero. Find a teddy bear.

I'm alright......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you, random stranger. Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping a line. --Half Mad Writer