Thursday, October 24, 2013

~~Guilt~~

I'll bow to you again.
I'll reach out my hand
And beg
To be washed clean.
I'll bow to you again.
Speak your name, and speak
A promise I can't mean.
Make a deal I can't fulfil.
Out of guilt
I'll fall for you.
Out of guilt
I'll take your life.
Out of guilt I'll turn away
As you scream my name
On your darkest night.
Out of guilt I'll run to you
On your brightest day
And drag you down with me.
Out of guilt I'll ruin you;
All the while
Promising I love you.
Give your soul to me.
Out of guilt I'll keep you safe,
Locked up right here
With me.
Out of guilt I'll trade
Your life for mine.
Wash my body clean
With your blood.
Out of guilt I'll erase you
From the books of history.
Out of guilt I'll burn you
Upon a pyre,
And sing your praises
To the sky.
I'll sing your praises
To the remorseless
Guiltless
Sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you, random stranger. Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping a line. --Half Mad Writer